Testing and Calibration of Macurco Fixed Gas Monitors
Sioux Falls, SD – May 2020
In order to ensure the accuracy of a fixed gas monitor, it will need to be periodically calibrated so you know it is keeping you, your employees, loved ones and or the public safe. Macurco portable and fixed gas detectors are factory calibrated and 100% tested for proper operation. All Macurco user manuals layout how to test and calibrate each monitor.
• Gas detector performance should be tested regularly as drift may occur. Ensure sensor inlets are unobstructed and free of debris before the test.
• Using a certified gas with a concentration other than the one listed for this detector when conducting a calibration or calibration verification test (bump test) will produce inaccurate readings. This means that higher levels of the gas being monitored may be present.
• Some models allow for field calibration to ensure that the device is working properly. Replacement sensors are also available for applicable models.
• Calibration frequency of fixed systems depends upon sensor types, installed environment, and use. Calibration frequencies can be required more often or less often based on usage.
• Macurco recommends that a bump test or calibration be performed if it is suspected that the instrument has been subjected to any condition that could have an adverse effect on the unit (sensor poisons, high
gas concentrations, extreme temperature, mechanical shock or stress, etc).
• A typical Macurco calibration kit includes a gas cylinder(s), gas regulator with plastic tubing, sensor calibration hood, and carrying case.
• Several detectors can be calibrated with one FCK (field calibration kit). The only limitation is the amount of gas in the cylinder. Replacement cylinders are available and should be replaced when the pressure gauge on the regulator shows 25 PSI (pounds per square inch) or less.
• Detectors should be tested and calibrated in clean air with the green light on and be in a location with low ambient airflow. Detectors must be powered for a minimum of 3 minutes before testing or calibrating.
• The CME1-FTG is an 11L 500 ppm Aerosol Carbon Monoxide Field Test Gas that can be used with the CM-E1, CX-6, CX-12, CM-6, and CM-12. This field test gas allows installers to do a quick functionality test of the CO sensor. The flow rate of the CME1-FTG is 10 LPM (liters per minute) so there is about one minute of gas (tests 20-30 sensors).
About Macurco Gas Detection
Macurco Gas Detection is a division of Aerionics Inc. Macurco designs develop and manufacture a full set of fixed and portable gas detection monitors for the protection of workers, responders, and the community. Macurco has more than 45-years of proven gas detection experience in residential, commercial, and industrial gas monitoring. Macurco gas detection systems (HVAC, Fire & Security, AimSafety and TracXP) are widely recognized by distributors and users for their high performance and consistent reliability.
Macurco is based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Learn more at www.macurco.com.
For more information please contact Macurco at 877-367-7891, email us at [email protected].